So you need storage in North Vancouver and you are about to move your things into your storage room, remember when you put your possessions into storage, one day they will need to come out
Storage Tips North Vancouver
It makes sense to organize your storage carefully, so if you need something which is in storage, you know where it is. Also, you want to make sure your possessions are stored safely to avoid breakages and injury when you remove them.
The other benefit of organizing your storage carefully is that you may need less space and save some money!
It is sensible to use boxes or other containers, pack them carefully and marking them clearly. This list below is designed to help you ensure your possessions are safe and secure.
- Always use good quality storage boxes.
- Fill boxes to capacity – do not overfill. Overfilled boxes may tip over or collapse.
- Heavy items should be packed into small boxes so they are easy to lift and boxes don’t collapse.
- Label or number boxes for easy reference.
- Make a list of your stored items and keep it in a safe place.
- Protect your fragile goods in bubble wrap or packing paper.
- Dishes and glassware should be wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap
- Clean your garden equipment before you store it.
- Wrap table legs with bubble wrap to protect them.
- Use wardrobe boxes to store your clothes on hangers and they will keep their shape.
- Place heavy or bulky items in the unit first and stack other items on top.
- Plan your storage space. Put those items that you need to get to most often near the front, close to the door.
- To maximize space, stack similar sized boxes together.
- Do not place heavy items on sofas or mattresses.
- Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings.
- Stack chairs seat to seat with cloth or paper to separate them.
- Leave refrigerator doors open for ventilation.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in mirror boxes, marked “fragile”, and stacked on end.
- To aid ventilation, avoid stacking or leaning furniture against outside walls.
- Cover your goods with sheets to protect from dust.
North Shore Mini Storage offers a range of air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned storage rooms to cater for all requirements. Why not call us and ask us about our storage rooms and range of moving supplies. Or come down and view some storage units. You will find our address and map on our Contact Us page.